Omani-Qatari bus plant in Duqm invites contractors for prequalification round

0
465
9 July 2018

Muscat (WAF)- Karwa Motors starts receiving prequalification requests for the main contract of Duqm’s assembly plant, the Omani-Qatari company advertised today in Omani local newspapers.

Karwa Motors is a partnership between the national transport company of Qatar (Mowasalat) holding 70 percent of the joint venture, and Oman Investment Fund, a sovereign wealth fund of the Sultanate of Oman holding the remaining 30 percent.

 “The project scope includes plant, offices, and associated external works (along) with new infrastructure and services”, the ad stated.

In November 2017, the Omani-Qatari bus assembly plant laid the foundation stone. “The two parties will invest about $90mn in the first phase of the project”, SEZAD said in the statement then.

The first phase of the project will be built on an area of 220,000 square meters, with an annual capacity of 1000 busses. The production line will include coach, city buses, and school buses to meet the local and regional market needs.